Customer Success Specialist
DMGroup’s headquarters are in Boston, MA - this is a remote opportunity during the pandemic only. All hires will be expected to report to the Boston office post-pandemic.
District Management Group (DMGroup) helps school district leaders combine the most effective educational best practices with proven management techniques to bring about measurable, sustainable improvements in student outcomes. In order to achieve lasting improvement for students, we believe district and school leaders must not only be great educators but must also be great leaders and managers. DMGroup seeks to provide leaders with the best management practices, tools, and support to solve their biggest challenges. Our unwavering focus is on achieving three objectives simultaneously – making things better for students, better for staff, and better for your budget – so that improvements will be sustainable over time.
DMGroup leverages management principles and education best practices to help public school and district leaders effect system-level changes that raise student achievement and improve performance. Since our founding in 2004, we’ve partnered with hundreds of school districts across the country, of all sizes and demographics, to bring about transformational, systems-level improvements that have lasting impact for students.
DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 20 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 3.5 million students across 29 states. To learn more about DMGroup, please visit www.dmgroupk12.com.
We are recruiting a Customer Success Specialist to join our software and services solutions team in our Boston office. The position offers an opportunity to focus on the most strategic, high impact issues that school systems face and to work directly with respected leaders in K-12 education.
The Specialist will work closely with the DMSolutions software and services team and school districts to implement and support products that not only identify but also solve complex issues across elementary, middle and high schools. Additionally, the implementation team is focused on processes that can scale quickly and help a wide range of districts and schools achieve success. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about helping customers and has an an interest in education technology with strong organizational and analytical skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Typical responsibilities range from configuration, implementation, user advocacy, and usability testing associated with new product releases or enhancements. As a Specialist, your typical day may include:
- Product implementation through data collection, analysis, software configuration and training to meet the needs of our clients.
- Ensure that clients fully understand solutions presented while demonstrating patience, empathy, and an appreciation for organizational dynamics and the barriers to change.
- Support the successful implementation of multiple, concurrent school projects by exercising strong project management and communication skills.
- Client success and troubleshooting support through close collaboration with district and school leadership.
- Serving as an advocate for our software solutions and broader firm initiatives within school districts.
- Identifying emerging trends across projects and sharing insights to improve the software and improve implementation efficiency.
- Support our customers with respect and gratitude for the opportunity they have given us to serve them.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are ambitious and tenaciously goal oriented. You thrive with ambitious goals and metrics ahead of you, and you won’t stop until they’re met. You’re humble which means that no job is too big or small for you.
- You are an independent self-starter and a dedicated team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of the organization’s quarterly goals and overall mission. You can work on any project, with any team.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done efficiently.
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems. Problem-solving is the name of your game. You possess the curiosity and desire to take on problems, conduct analyses, and present solutions in simple and concise terms. You derive joy from brainstorming with teammates.
- You have a passion for service. You have an infectious sense of possibility for what is possible. You care deeply about improving our nations’ schools on behalf of students and families.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and collaborative teammate. You thrive on collaborating with stakeholders to achieve common goals. You seek to understand different motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives. You establish and nurture strong and healthy relationships.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
At District Management Group, we are committed to intentional discussion and experiences around race, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe our work in public education has the potential for transformational impact. In order to reach the impact, we envision, we know that we must continue to reflect on our own privilege and role in perpetuating inequity in order to take action towards a world where all students can thrive. To learn more about our company commitments, please visit this link.
DMGroup is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. DMGroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Interested in this role? Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.