Dr. Diane Ullman
Dr. Ullman is a Senior Director at DMGroup who provides direct support to numerous consulting engagements. Formerly the Chief Talent Officer for the Connecticut State Department of Education, her work encompassed a broad range of talent development strategies, including improving educator preparation, recruitment, evaluation and support as well as the development of school and district leadership capacity.
- Superintendent of Schools in Simsbury, Connecticut, a school district of 5,000 students that is nationally recognized as a top performing school district.
- At Simsbury, led a number of improvement initiatives including implementing a new vision for classroom technology, a reorganization of special education services, a new strategic planning process, professional learning communities, and K-12 standards-led curriculum and instruction. It was during her tenure as superintendent and her work with these initiatives that she began engaging with DMGroup.
- Senior Advisor to the principal preparation program (UCAPP) at the University of Connecticut Neag School Of Education where she also teaches classes in the superintendent preparation program and a leads a seminar for early career superintendents.
- Vice Chair of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Commission on American and International Education; named Paul Harris Fellow by Rotary International.
- BA from Regis College
- MA from Northeastern University
- PhD from University of Colorado
- 2012 Connecticut Superintendent of the Year
- Excellence in Educational Leadership Award, 2008, University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA)