Administrative Assistant, DMSolutions
DMGroup’s headquarters are in Boston, MA - this is a remote opportunity during the pandemic only. All hires will be expected to report to the Boston office post-pandemic.
District Management Group (DMGroup) helps school district leaders combine the most effective educational best practices with proven management techniques to bring about measurable, sustainable improvements in student outcomes. In order to achieve lasting improvement for students, we believe district and school leaders must not only be great educators but must also be great leaders and managers. DMGroup seeks to provide leaders with the best management practices, tools, and support to solve their biggest challenges. Our unwavering focus is on achieving three objectives simultaneously – making things better for students, better for staff, and better for your budget – so that improvements will be sustainable over time.
DMGroup leverages management principles and education best practices to help public school and district leaders effect system-level changes that raise student achievement and improve performance. Since our founding in 2004, we’ve partnered with hundreds of school districts across the country, of all sizes and demographics, to bring about transformational, systems-level improvements that have lasting impact for students.
DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 20 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 3.5 million students across 29 states. To learn more about DMGroup, please visit www.dmgroupk12.com.
The Administrative Assistant position offers an opportunity to play a critical role fulfilling our firm’s mission to improve public education. Assistants have a wide, evolving range of responsibilities, with opportunities to liaise with a number of internal teams. This role will be focused on supporting the schedules of key executives, as well as the administration, organization and coordination of office operations and procedures. You will work directly with managers and across the organization to develop and facilitate organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Administrative Assistant will work directly with respected leaders in public education as well as our growing and dynamic teams. The ideal candidate will be comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities and will represent the company and its values well both internally and externally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Administrative Assistant your typical day may include:
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls, arranging travel and meeting logistics, and calendar/schedule maintenance.
- Corresponding with multiple vendors, clients, team members, and colleagues.
- Proactively supporting the many ongoing projects and initiatives of the Managing Director, such as corresponding with key district leaders about prospective work in districts, and helping with sales initiatives, all while always representing DMGroup consistently, accurately, and positively.
- Maintaining and contributing to office organization and general daily office tasks, including ordering of office supplies, kitchen supplies and weekly lunches.
- Assisting with planning of firm-wide events and casual gathering with team members.
- Collaborating with team members individually and as a team to reach goals and achieve initiatives.
- Representing DMGroup via written and spoken correspondence.
- Using software to maintain our growing database of members, client work, Technology Solutions products, and sales leads.
- Other responsibilities as needed and requested.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are humble and goal oriented. No job is too big or too small, whether it be restocking the fridge or helping the Managing Director get prepared for an important meeting, you do it all with grace and a smile on your face. You deeply understand that everything you do impacts DMGroup's ability to do well and to do good by our clients.
- You are an independent self-starter and a dedicated team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of the organization’s quarterly goals and overall mission. You can work on any project, with any team. You are driven to ensure your team succeeds and happy to play that part no matter how big or small.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done on time and on budget.
- You have a passion for service. You have an infectious sense of possibility for what is possible in Public Education. You gain genuine pleasure from providing a level of service far beyond what is required, and who care deeply about improving our nations’ schools on behalf of students and families.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and collaborative teammate. You thrive on bringing different stakeholders together around a common goal. You seek to understand different contributors’ motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives. You shape relationships with an ethos of reciprocity.
Our ideal candidate should have/be able to:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of previous relevant work experience
- Ability and willingness to navigate complex scheduling and calendar needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to “getting things right the first time” and follow-through on tasks and responsibilities
- Highly organized with attention to detail and focus on excellence
- Ability to handle and protect sensitive information
- Ability to consult effectively with teams to identify and articulate key needs
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Flexibility with work schedule as events and initiatives may require it
- Flexibility to handle a varying array of tasks and responsibilities with confidence
- Experience with and/or strong interest in education reform
- Lift 10-20 pounds often and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Walk 1/4 mile occasionally to nearby vendors
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
At District Management Group, we are committed to intentional discussion and experiences around race, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe our work in public education has the potential for transformational impact. In order to reach the impact, we envision, we know that we must continue to reflect on our own privilege and role in perpetuating inequity in order to take action towards a world where all students can thrive. To learn more about our company commitments, please visit this link.
DMGroup is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. DMGroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Interested in this role? Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.