Business Development Associate
DMGroup’s headquarters are in Boston, MA - this is a remote opportunity during the pandemic only. All hires will be expected to report to the Boston office post-pandemic.
District Management Group (DMGroup) helps school district leaders combine the most effective educational best practices with proven management techniques to bring about measurable, sustainable improvements in student outcomes. In order to achieve lasting improvement for students, we believe district and school leaders must not only be great educators but must also be great leaders and managers. DMGroup seeks to provide leaders with the best management practices, tools, and support to solve their biggest challenges. Our unwavering focus is on achieving three objectives simultaneously – making things better for students, better for staff, and better for your budget – so that improvements will be sustainable over time.
DMGroup leverages management principles and education best practices to help public school and district leaders effect system-level changes that raise student achievement and improve performance. Since our founding in 2004, we’ve partnered with hundreds of school districts across the country, of all sizes and demographics, to bring about transformational, systems-level improvements that have lasting impact for students.
DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 20 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 3.5 million students across 29 states. To learn more about DMGroup, please visit www.dmgroupk12.com.
We are recruiting for a Business Development Associate to join our solutions sales team in our Boston office. The position offers an opportunity to focus on the most strategic, high impact issues that school systems face and to work directly with respected leaders in K-12 public education.
The Associate will work closely with DMSolutions leadership to identify, pursue and support the development of new opportunities to serve our current and future customers. Product offerings are focused on solving complex issues across elementary, middle and high schools nationwide. Additionally, the Solutions team is focused on improving the efficiency in which we reach and support a wide range of districts and schools. The ideal candidate is driven by a sense of service, an interest in education and strong organizational and communication skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Typical responsibilities range from research, outreach, coordinating meetings, prepare proposals and general sales pipeline support activities. Your typical day may include:
- Work with leadership to develop plans to contact potential customers
- Inform and educate prospects on the benefits of our products and services
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customers and how we can best serve them
- Prepare standardized materials to quickly share information about our products and services
- Manage and fulfill requests for information and follow up communications
- Invite prospective customers to attend product demonstrations and webinars
- Support the development and management of a sales pipeline by engaging prospects and customers through all aspects of the sales cycle
- Connect teams with customers quickly by facilitating the transfer of information from marketing and sales conversations
WHO YOU ARE
- You are ambitious and tenaciously goal oriented. You thrive with ambitious goals and metrics ahead of you, and you won’t stop until they’re met. You’re humble which means that no job is too big or small for you.
- You are an independent self-starter and a dedicated team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of the organization’s quarterly goals and overall mission.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done efficiently and effectively.
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems. Problem-solving is the name of your game. You possess the curiosity and force of intellect to absorb complex problems and present solutions in simple and concise terms.
- You have a passion for service. You have an infectious sense of possibility for what is possible in Public Education. You care deeply about improving our nations’ schools on behalf of students and families.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and collaborative teammate. You relate well to others regardless of their background or experiences and enjoy getting to know people. You thrive on bringing different stakeholders together around a common goal. You seek to understand different contributors’ motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
At District Management Group, we are committed to intentional discussion and experiences around race, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe our work in public education has the potential for transformational impact. In order to reach the impact, we envision, we know that we must continue to reflect on our own privilege and role in perpetuating inequity in order to take action towards a world where all students can thrive. To learn more about our company commitments, please visit this link.
DMGroup is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. DMGroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Interested in this role? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.