DMGroup at the 67th Annual Fall Conference of the Council of the Great City Schools
DMGroup is headquartered in Boston, MA. This position can be supported in a fully in-person or hybrid in-person/remote work environment.
District Management Group (DMGroup) helps school district leaders combine the most effective educational best practices with proven management techniques to bring about measurable, sustainable improvements in student outcomes. In order to achieve lasting improvement for students, we believe district and school leaders must not only be great educators but must also be great leaders and managers. DMGroup seeks to provide leaders with the best management practices, tools, and support to solve their biggest challenges. Our unwavering focus is on achieving three objectives simultaneously – making things better for students, better for staff, and better for your budget – so that improvements will be sustainable over time.
DMGroup leverages management principles and education best practices to help school and district leaders effect system-level changes that raise student achievement and improve performance. Since our founding in 2004, we’ve partnered with hundreds of school districts across the country, of all sizes and demographics, to bring about transformational, systems-level improvements that have lasting impact for students.
DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 30 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 3.5 million students across 30 states. To learn more about DMGroup, please visit www.dmgroupk12.com.
We are recruiting a Customer Success Manager to join DMGroup’s DMSolutions (software and services) team. The position offers an opportunity to focus on strategic, high impact software solutions for schools and to work directly with respected leaders in K-12 education.
The Customer Success Manager will oversee and manage the DMSolutions Customer Success team and their work in supporting school districts to implement and support software products that solve complex scheduling issues. Additionally, the Customer Success Team is focused on building processes that can scale quickly to help a wide range of districts and schools achieve success. The ideal candidate has a passion for customer service and support, building and managing teams, and has an interest in education technology with strong organizational and analytical skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Typical responsibilities include; managing the Customer Success Team, managing and supporting customer onboarding (i.e. analysis, configuration, orientation, and training), overseeing and delivering product implementation, support, and developing practices to ensure customer success and retention. The Customer Success Manager will also be a key member of the product team. As a member of the product team, you’ll be asked to provide product feedback and insights, and serve as a user advocate. Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership for the customer journey (onboarding, adoption, expansion, and retention).
- Developing relationships with customers.
- Serving as the Lead for DMSolutions software and services implementation, training, and support.
- Ensuring that clients fully understand DMGroup software solutions while demonstrating patience, empathy, and an appreciation for organizational dynamics and the barriers to change.
- Providing hands-on product implementation and support through data collection, analysis, software configuration and training to meet the needs of our clients.
- Implementing multiple, concurrent district and school projects by exercising strong project and team management skills.
- Ensuring all new customers are efficiently and effectively onboarded to achieve results quickly, and ensuring a rewarding customer experience.
- Overseeing Customer Success Specialists as they implement and support our customers and provide course correction when needed.
- Troubleshooting support through close collaboration with district and school leadership.
- Serving as an advocate for our software solutions and broader firm initiatives within school districts.
- Identifying emerging trends across projects and sharing insights to improve the software and implementation efficiency.
- Engaging customers via communications and activities that promote the value of our offerings and drive customer retention.
- Capturing and monitoring KPIs to identify and continuously improve customer retention, product, and team performance.
- Supporting our customers with respect and gratitude for the opportunity they have given us to serve them.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an ambitious leader and tenaciously goal oriented. You thrive with ambitious goals and metrics ahead of you, and you won’t stop until they’re met. You’re humble which means that no job is too big or small for you.
- You are a self-starter and an exemplary team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of the organization’s quarterly goals and overall mission. You can work on any project, with any team.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done efficiently.
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems. Problem-solving is the name of your game. You possess the curiosity and desire to take on problems, conduct analyses, and present solutions in simple and concise terms. You derive joy from brainstorming with teammates.
- You have a passion for service. You adopt the role of a servant leader for the team and have an infectious sense of possibility. You care deeply about improving the lives of our customers and the students they serve.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder, collaborative teammate and leader. You thrive on collaborating with stakeholders to achieve common goals. You seek to understand different motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives. You help people leverage their strengths while developing new skills. You establish and nurture strong and healthy relationships. You lead by example and model exemplary practices for your team.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
At District Management Group, we are committed to intentional discussion and experiences around race, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe our work in public education has the potential for transformational impact. In order to reach the impact we envision, we know that we must continue to reflect on our own privilege and role in perpetuating inequity in order to take action towards a world where all students can thrive. To learn more about our company commitments, please visit this link.
DMGroup is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. DMGroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.