As districts strive to raise achievement in the face of ever-mounting challenges, it is more important than ever to have a dynamic strategic plan – one that drives action toward the district’s goals. We believe the most powerful strategic plans are not lengthy documents with a long list of initiatives, but rather are concise plans based on a theory of action and focused on a small set of priorities to drive improvement. Nonetheless, distilling diverse stakeholder perspectives into a focused list of priorities is extremely challenging.
DMGroup’s field-proven methodology for strategic planning is based on extensive research coupled with our experience working with districts to put powerful strategic plans into action to drive results. We begin by helping you hone a powerful theory of action about what will drive improvement in your district and position you to achieve your goals. Using this theory of action as our north star, together we’ll identify a short list of priorities, initiatives, and measurable goals that will guide the daily work of your district, and we’ll help you build stakeholder buy-in for the plan.
- Build focus and a common understanding of priorities through a comprehensive needs assessment
- Codify your district’s theory of action to guide the prioritization of goals, initiatives, and activities
- Prioritize initiatives into a small set of the most important levers for improving performance
- Harness aspirational visions and transform them into concrete goals and measurable outputs
- Build understanding and support with our two-step community engagement process
- Integrate the strategic plan into your district's day-to-day activities to drive results