Facing tight budgets, rising student needs, and increasing expectations, districts must carefully assess what is working successfully and what is not and make courageous choices to shift resources to priority initiatives where they can do the most good for students. With better information in hand, your school and district leaders can proactively develop plans for spending, staffing, and resource allocation to better meet the needs of your students.
DMGroup’s approach to school district budgeting holds your strategic vision as a guiding force while leveraging data analysis and benchmarking to understand relative merits of resource allocation choices. Evaluating budgeting tradeoffs through this lens, our strategic budgeting approach will help you ensure that district teaching and learning priorities are reflected in resource allocation decisions.
- Create a clear vision of district priorities so all involved in budgeting know what is most important
- Analyze where resources are currently being spent and adopt an Academic-Return-on-Investment mindset for reviewing program investments
- Compare current spending against best practices and like-district benchmarks
- Develop scenario models, enabling you to explore “what if” scenarios for resource allocation
- Add precision and transparency to general education staffing decisions
- Consider student-centered resource allocation models that ensure equity for students and empower schools to do the best for students